THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Diggin In The (Online) Crates

“Eeeevn if I stutter I'm a still come off!”

Alright, my favorite music sites are back up. (CDzlimited.net and 2720.net) So in celebration, I will not “hot-link” their music, but have put together a Canhead Must Have list. This is a list of albums you must have in your collection if you are really down for this hip-hop sh!t.

Here they are in no particular order. You may notice some classic albums that are not on this list. I am avoiding some of the more popular LPs, (like NWA, Dre, B.I.G., Pac.) this is a list of albums that many may not be up on, but need to be. You ready?
~ ~ ~
Eric B & Rakim-“Follow The Leader” –True Q Story- On one of my many trips to NY from TN, my uncle picks me up in his Caddy, and we ride through BK. Soon as we hit Eastern Parkway, “Follow the Leader” comes on the radio for the first time. I’ve been hooked ever since.

Ice Cube - Amerikkka's Most Wanted (I started this gangsta sh!t!!)

Slick Rick-“The Adventures OF Slick Rick” (100% hip hop)

Onyx-Baccdafucup(Reppin’ that East Coast mentality!)

A Tribe Called Quest-“Low End Theory” (Native Tongue at it ‘s finest!)

Geto Boyz-“We Can’t Be Stopped” (Uncle Scarface back in the day with his boyz)

Boogie Down Productions – “By All Means Necessary” (Fresh for 2005 you suckkkkaaaaas!)

EPMD - Strictly Business-“You Gots To Chill”, “It’s My Thang”, “Strictly Business” this album is off the meter!

Black Moon – “Enta Da Stage” This CD reminds me of Brooklyn bodegas with the BIG AZZ nickel bags. You could get like 3 blunts outta one bag, sit on the stoop and listen to Buckshot. Before Biggie, Brooklyn belonged to Black Moon and Duck Down fam.

Marley Marl's House of Hits- I was looking for “Marley Marl In Control Vol 1” but this will do. Nothing but the hits by Marley Marl, the old school king of the beats.

There will be more of these to come. I know some of you internet nerds got comments about why this or that album isn’t the greatest. Whatever punk. Do the knowledge and respect the art!

Spread love duke!

1 comments:

sonja said...

you gotta add big daddy kane's
it's a big daddy thing...