THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Pages

Monday, February 07, 2005

Stereo Synthesis Selections

The Grammy's are coming! And guess who's going?

It Never Rains (or snows) in Southern California—they tell me—
I’m going. ..going…back…back…to Cali..Cali…
California….knows how to party….(repeat once)

Ok, let me not hype this up more than necessary because nothing is etched in stone yet, but it looks like it's a G-O for your boy. One of my patnas from waaaaaaaaaayy back lives in "L.A. L.A. big city of dreams" and has been telling me to get my lazy azz out there for a long while now. He has a business proposition for me.

Without putting "my business in the street" (like I haven't done that before), I'll just say that this sounds like a pretty good idea. Plus he might be able to scoop up a couple of tickets to the big show next Sunday night. I'd go just for the vacation, but the chance to catch up with an old friend, talk business, and star gaze at the Grammy's is just too much for me to pass up. If we don't get in the Grammy's, f’ it. You know how the after parties are. Mind you, I don't really care much for the Grammy's. But it's LA. Do I need an excuse to go to LA?

I'll keep you posted.
-----------------------------------------
News

~A moment of silence for the passing of a great man
~Another moment of silence of the passing of an American Institution.

~Say What? ~

"Yao Ming" -Use it instead of yanowImean? (Hashim is the first one I heard say it)
ex. CanheadRecords.blogspot.com is the sh!t, yaoming?"

~~Triple Play~~

"Carnival Town"-Norah Jones


"Another Star"-Stevie Wonder


"Harder, Better, Faster, Strong"-Daft Punk

~MP3 Review~

"Dance Monkey" Sage Francis
This is a busy next level track from Mr. Francis. The album is out now. I'm trying to get a copy to review for ya.(vinyl please Hilary...one copy is fine but Q really needs 2) Make sure you check him out when he comes through your town. It looks like the enitre label is hitting the road this month so try and catch a show. This track "Dance Monkey" is pretty ill. Fans of his should not be disappointed, but he might get a few new heads with beats like this one. I'll let you kow when I hear the CD but click that MP3 up there and tell them I sent you.

Late Record Review

The Game-The Documentary CD
I didn’t want to review this at first. Only because every fool and their momma has something to say about duke. But I gotta speak my peace. This is a tight CD. Yeah, it’s not the classic that they are hyping it to be, but on the other hand, it is one of the hottest albums out in 2004 (that’s right, it deserves to be in the 2004 list, since we all heard half of the album online a little after Jive Turkey Day.) Game has a nice flow, but it could be a little tighter at times. I know many of you, haters and non-haters alike, will try to blast my opinion on this matter. But I am one of those who will give a emcee a pass if he has a decent flow and is just getting in the game. No unnecessary hate from El Q (not when I’m going…going..back..back..to Cali..Cali in a week)

First off, the intro is aiight. I am one of the few who like album skits. (Remember Pun’s MacinthebackoftheAc ? Hell even Pharcyde did it up with “Quins’ on his way” only to get the whole idea jacked and crunked up by Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz on “Weed Man”) This one is quick. The bangers are "Church For Thugs", “Higher”, “No More Fun and Games”, "Start From Scratch" w/ Marsha of Floetry, “Hate It Or Love It” w/ 50 and “Running” w/ Tony Yaro (Hi Tek)and the radio cuts. The thing that kills this CD is the collabos. “We Aint” and “Like Father, Like Son” would have been totally off the meter if it wasn’t for Slim and Mr. Rah Rah Rhymes. “Don’t Need Your Love” w/ Faith is typical radio shhh, but this joint does nothing for me. "Don't Worry" w/ Mary is cool but still feels kind of off point, yaoming?

Regardless, Game does stand out from the rest of the Aftermath crew. I wasn't on point in FYE and picked up the CD without the DVD. So now I have to go buy that joint again. (Look on my sales on E-Bay, I’ll dump off the CD only copy for mad cheap) The CD flows pretty smooth for the most part, with only a few fast forward joints. Cop that.

Heres a few links on the kid.
The Game aims to revive West Coast rap
Rapper the Game Is Player of the Week
BIG DAVE MIXTAPE-NIGGAS FOR LIFE-EAZY E & GAME
Aftermath site

~~Mixtape Review
DJ Kay Slay-“2005 Live” Hosted by Papoose and Jim Jones.

Tight! Kay Slay does his thing as Jim Jones and Papoose hold him down. Papoose is a problem, check out that crazy freestyle on Track 17. “Terrorizing everything!” Jim Jones reps Dip Set and flips sh!t on with Papoose on the first freestyle. Cd also has new heat from Geto Boys, Game, 50, Remy Ma, JR Writer, freestyles from Canibus, Hell Rell and Styles P.. “2005 Live” also has that joint by JuelzYa’ll Done Fucked Up” and “The Whole Hood” by Bun B. Kay Slay brings lots of fire as usual.

Sports:

Don't cry kid. Deep down we all knew the outcome.Come on, Stevie saw NE taking Philly last night. I can't talk sh!t about it because I HAD TO WORK LAST NIGHT! Its a small thing really. You know, the whole LA thing this weekend..... So I didn't see a thing. But I knew it. I told you.

Yo E, you lucky I didnt bet you last night. I would not have let you off the hook with a little 5 dollar bet either.(Dude wanted to bet against me and Frat that TO would score a touchdown. Easy money.)

So that's that. It's over. Let the Madden tournaments begin!

PS-Un4tuneknitlee, I am da king of typos, so if yo see 1...holla.

0 comments: