THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Pages

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

There's always a Hitch


too black....too strong


OK, so I spend way to much time on this blog and not on "real work". I can't help it, every time I start working on essays or Economics assignments (I'm working on it Mr. Jarvis I swear!) there is something onlint that i have to post.

Today I really was working on my American Cinema essay (my last one!). My subject is Hollywood and the issue of race. While writing on the old fashioned Hollywood, racially insensitive "classics" like "Birth of A Nation" and how far Hollywood has come, I came across this basin of ice cold water in the face. Renee Graham makes a good point when she states “It's hard to fathom Smith could ever be deemed too black.” Is it really like Kanye (Even if you in a Benz, you still a nigga in a coupe) West said? Damn.

Note to Hollywood: I watch White actors paired up with White Actresses and never had a problem with it….put Jada next to Will Smith in a romantic comedy free of stereotypes and watch America eat it up, you a$$holes! Romantic comedy, not drama, not comedy, not action flick, but ROMANTIC COMEDY! Think Cuba and Vivica in a Sleepless in Seattle remake. It wouldn’t hurt you to cast J. Lo next to Enrique or Marc for that matter either…hell it couldn’t do worse than Gigli and you will win points for being ‘forward thinking” and modern.)

Will Smith DVDs
Marc Anthony CDs
Jenniefer Lopez CDs
Jenniefer Lopez DVD

0 comments: