THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Pages

Friday, January 28, 2005

Lettuce.....Go!

What’s happening!

It’s Friday and Fridays are only good for web-slinging! In case you don’t follow the Canhead vocab to tough, “web-slinging” is what I call surfing the net. I never surfed before, and Spider-Man is..well, the Man! So in Canhead land, we call it web-slinging. Got it? Good. “Lettuce……..go!” (let’s see if your OG enough to know what TV show I stole that last quote from.)

Tons of stuff online these days, I can’t keep up. Here are a few stories out there that are keeping me from doing more productive things online. Give in to the peep pressure and abandon your work for a second and travel the net with your homie-stromie El Q Tha Griz8! Buckle up for safety kids.

~Def Poetry Plugged In is tonight!

~~Tons of articles on the Hot97 story floating around cyber space. Here are few link that I haven’t posted before that cover it.
http://www.whudat.com/homepage.html

~Here is a interesting essay on hip-hop and Islam. A little dated but a decent read nonetheless.
http://comp.uark.edu/~tsweden/5per.html

~Speaking of Islam, here is the odd Bible quote of the day.
I get these from “Can These be the Words of God?”. I am not Islamic. I am baptized as a Christian and believe some of the Christian doctrines. I got love of Islam too, so you can see how it can get confusing sometimes. A lot of good and bad points are in both religions but the leaders of the countries that each religion represents uses said religions as weapons and tools of propaganda. Because of that, I exercise my civil rights and boycott going to church on Sunday. Well, not really, but it sounds better than I’m too lazy to get up that early on a Sunday.

Bible Verse of the Day
Exodus 21:7-11 (New International Version)

If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, [a] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

Now compare that to this one, a mere 6 verses down:

Exodus 21:17 (New International Version)
17 "Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.

So if I was a female, chillin’ in Egypt, being oppressed by Pharaoh Monch and his pyramid building schemes, I would be up sh!t creek without a paddle, in a leaky raft if my broke azz dad wanted to sell my fine young behind! To add insult to injury, if I cursed his azz out for putting my booty on E-Bay (Egyptian Booty Auction Ya’ll!) I’d be beheaded or worse, stoned to death! (Not in the backstage with Capelton and Elephant Man at the Bob Marley festival in Miami way either!) I gotta stop picking on the Old Testament. It’s too easy and makes me look like a blasphemous apostate. Ohh well, I think Jesus (and Mohammad) still love me.

~Whoa….Jennifer Johns!
http://www.jenniferjohns.com/home.html

~Ok, what is up with this mofo. First of all, being one of the few brothers in the NHL, you can’t afford to make to many mistakes. But when you pull a stunt like this, to say it like my man Will Drayton say, “I can’t do nothing for you, man!” Damn cuz!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1975106


~I meant to post this link a while ago. X-Factor Video is a producer and distributor of some of stunt DVDs and they have some clips of their movies. If your into sport bikes, roadbikes, motocross, import cars, quads, snowmobile or watercraft, you'll find tons of great DVD titles here.

~To even out the racial tension going on the airwaves and internet these days, I give you this fine site!

~Saw this on Tofu Hut…words from the enemy!
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=168804

~Bubblewrap
http://www.nonstop.lv/files/bubblewrap.swf

~Freaky Friday's Oldie but Goodie MP3 Pick Of The Day aka The Long Music Title
"Knock On Wood" Wilson Pickett
Reminds me of home. Mama had a BIG crush on Wilson Pickett back in the diz-ay. Thankful, he never did a show in Clarksville, TN. and stole her away from my pops. (She didn't hear about the concert in Nashville!)

I'm out. In closing I like to say to all the hip-hop "shock jock" radio DJs out there.
SPREAD LOVE DUKE! Or shut the hell up and learn how to mix! You're F'ing it up for everyone. Act like you know(how to act that is.)

One Ya' Self before you catch Two!


0 comments: